100 of the world's most inspiring adventurers teach you how to turn your passion into a fulfilling career
FEATURED IN THE BOOK
woman in the wild
lives in the forest year-round
world's most accomplished ocean rower
First woman to ski down Lhotse
The North Face Team Captain
MIKE SPENCER BOWN
world's most traveled man
climbed El Capitan and crossed Greenland as a paralysed adventurer
ran across the USA
World Record Longest Unassisted Swim
7x RedBull X-Alps winner
'the ordinary adventurer'
organises adventurous trips for women
... AND 91 OTHERS ...
In PROFESSION ADVENTURER, 100 of the world’s most inspiring adventurers and explorers share how they turned their biggest passion into a fruitful career, found long-lasting fulfillment and used adventure to make the world a better place.
Get ready to deep-dive into the secrets of the world’s strongest and most heart-felt trailrunners, bikepackers, mountaineers, rock climbers, skiers, snowboarders, polar explorers, sailors, sea kayakers, cave divers, long-distance hikers, base jumpers and paragliders.
AMONG HUNDREDS OF INSIGHTS, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why Kit Deslauriers argues you need to live like a pro adventurer before you become one
- Why the fastest man to have cycled around the world, Mark Beaumont, considers every adventure he undertakes to be the equivalent of building a start-up
- Why male topmodel Michele Graglia gave up an abundance of money and women to go running through deserts
- Why Dean Karnazes believes the solution to World Peace is to have our presidents negotiate in the nude
- Why Sean Conway thinks it’s worth giving up everything to pursue your life’s purpose (even if it means moving in with your mother at age 30)
- How climber Hazel Findlay and freeride skier Lorraine Huber learned how to hack flow state in order to become number 1 in their sport
- How polar explorer Ben Saunders got paid an entire years salary by giving just one public speech
- How to gather up expedition fundraising by becoming a master communicator like Matthieu Tordeur
- How Erik Weihenmayer found his way to the summit of Mount Everest, despite being completely blind
- How to use humor and creativity to go viral on YouTube like Victor Galuchot, Flying Frenchies and Lost In The Swell